Mirror Gloss wax
Saphir Medaille d'Or Mirror Gloss Shoe Wax.
This shoe wax by Saphir Médaille d'Or is a combination of natural hard waxes used to quickly build up a beautiful glaze. The formula is based on a mixture of montan, carnauba and beeswax among other waxes that Saphir is keeping confidential. The mixture is perfectly balanced together and mixed with natural solvents to get the best drying, holding and glossy wax possible. A really easy to use wax with quick results that can be used after shining your shoes with Saphir Pommadier shoe cream and/or Saphir Pate de Luxe wax. Tip! For the last layer of wax, apply and shine a very small amount of Pate de Luxe on the Mirror Gloss to get an even higher shine!
Saphir shoe creams and shoe waxes are available in a range of different colours so you can take care of almost any colour shoes. For colour advice and a complete overview of all available colours by Saphir and Saphir Médaille d'Or you can check our Saphir colour guide.
Pate de Luxe or Mirror Gloss?
Don't know which to pick? Choose Pate de Luxe if you are looking for a nice high gloss wax combined with nourishing oils to maintain the leather. Saphir Pate de Luxe is available in multiple colours. Are you looking to build up a mirror gloss finish on your shoes? Then go for Saphir Mirror Gloss. Please note that Mirror Gloss is really only a finishing wax without any nourishing qualities, but gosh does it shine! You can use Mirror gloss on top of Pate de Luxe or Pommadier cream.
If you are looking for a softer, more nourishing shoe wax to use on a day-to-day basis we recommend using Saphir Pate de Luxe. This shoe wax also gives your shoes a beautiful high gloss finish while taking care of the leather of your shoes which Saphir Mirror shine does not have any nourishing qualities. We recommend using Saphir Mirror Gloss after polishing your shoes with Pommadier cream and Pate de Luxe.
Read our How To Use guide below for a step by step guide on how to use Saphir Mirror Gloss.
Does best: Creating shine
Also great at: -
Most used for: Most smooth leather types, shoes
Combine with: Lotion or Renovateur; and Pommadier + Pate de Luxe
How to use
Saphir Médaille d'Or Mirror Gloss shoe wax is best applied with a cotton cloth. Tip: Do not use too much shoe wax per application, in the case of shoe polishing: Less is more.
To optimally treat your shoes with Saphir Médaille d'Or Mirror Gloss you need:
• Saphir Médaille d'Or Mirror Gloss
• Applicator cloth
• Polishing cloth
• Polishing Brush
1. Briefly rub the cloth over the wax until it has adhered to the cotton.
2. Apply the wax to the shoe by massaging it into the structure of the leather of the shoe with small circular movements
3. Let the shoe wax dry for about a minute. After drying the first layer of shoe wax, polish the layer of shoe wax with a shoe polish brush. Then rub the shoe with a polishing cloth for a finer shine.
4. For a mirror shine you need to apply and polish the shoe wax several times. Often 4 layers of Mirror Shine are enough to get a nice mirror shine. Use a drop of water when buffing the wax with the cloth to get even more shine.