Leather cleaning soap
Saphir leather cleaning soap, 200ml. Used to clean and prepare leather for polishing by removing dirt and old layers of polish. This cleaning soap is the somewhat softer version of Saphir Saddle Soap containing less glycerine. It is best applied using the supplied applicator sponge or a polish applicator brush. Can be used to clean leather shoes and furniture.
Does best: Cleaning and removing (old) shoe polish
Also great at: Stain removal
Most used for: Most smooth leather types, shoes
Combine with: Pommadier, Pate de Luxe and Mirror Gloss, Renovateur
How to use
Saphir leather soap is often the first step when renovating your shoes. After cleaning, the shoes can be fed with Renovateur and then polished with shoe cream or shoe wax. Saphir leather soap is a softer variant of Saddle Soap because Saphir leather soap contains less glycerine.
To optimally treat your shoes with Saphir Leather soap you need:
• Saphir Leather Soap
• Applicator brush or sponge (optional)
1. Dampen a sponge or applicator brush by briefly dipping it in lukewarm water
2. Wipe lightly with the sponge or brush over the Saphir leather soap. (We recommend starting with a little soap and applying it to an inconspicuous area of your shoes to test how the leather reacts)
3. Apply the leather soap to the leather in a circular motion until you have soaped the entire shoe
4. Clean the shoes with water and wipe the shoes dry with a clean cloth and let them dry further before continuing to grease and polish your shoes. Let them dry naturally, for example, do not place them near the heating.